Monday, August 8, 2011

Long Bridge Swim Sandpoint ID 8/6/11 by kuvinnie at Garmin Connect - Details

Long Bridge Swim Sandpoint ID 8/6/11 by kuvinnie at Garmin Connect - Details
I was encouraged to do this swim by my insurance agent Brian Goetz. I had thought about needing
a long open water swim to get under my belt. So I signed up and glad that I did. Had no idea how
long it would take, but I targeted 1:15. Felt good in the open water for the length of the bridge. My wife
and daughters were strolling along the pedestrian bridge and I was able to get their attention. Was nice
to have them cheering me across the lake. As the swim transitioned into a channel to the finish, I started
to feel some motion sickness. Felt I was going to get sick in the water, not sure what from. Exertion, tired,
waves, I am not sure what it was....I slowed down considerable at the end and did enough to hit the beach.
Exhausted at the finish, I was excited to my family waiting for me. A nice sense of accomplishment and
very glad that I have "jumped in" to the swimming portion of the TRI. And the Long Bridge Swim came
with a T-shirt, so it makes it fun. Next up Coeur d'Alene TRI on August 13th!

No comments:

Post a Comment